Life360 Launches Driver Protect
Today we are very excited to launch Life360 Driver Protect – a new subscription service that provides peace of mind to families on the road. The service uses your smartphone to automatically detect if you are in a serious accident and immediately contacts emergency responders and your family members. The service also delivers Safe Drive Reviews to subscribers, providing them with actionable safety insights about their driving habits.
The idea of Driver Protect developed as a result of Life360 feedback; families are concerned when their teens are on the road. Teen driving statistics are astoundingly unfortunate. Dosomething.org released facts stating 16-year-olds have higher crash rates than drivers of any other age, and 56% of teens said they talk on the phone while driving. And according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2013, six teens ages 16–19 died every day from motor vehicle injuries.
Comprehensive driver safety services used to only be available via in-vehicle hardware diagnostic systems. But we knew we could offer a solution with software instead of hardware. Through a partnership with Zendrive, the leading safety analytics company, we can give access to driver safety features to anyone with a smart phone and internet connection. To date, Zendrive has collected and analyzed 1 billion miles of driving data giving it unrivaled visibility into driver behavior and modern transportation patterns.
Our technology works in any vehicle, so families are no longer tethered to one car. This service protects every member of the Family Circle in a single subscription, and the features travel with everyone on their smartphones, providing peace of mind to families when their loved ones are on the road.
Life360 Driver Protect features:
- Automatic Crash Detection and Emergency Response: Life360 Driver Protect automatically detects car accidents involving Circle members. Our trained advisors will immediately contact the member and ask if emergency responders are needed. If so, they dispatch services and provide the exact accident location coordinates while staying on the phone with the member until help arrives. Life360 advisors also contact members of the Family Circle to share that their loved one has been in an accident and provide the accident location.
- Safe Drive Review: Family members can opt to receive safety insights about each drive taken by a loved one in their Family Circle, whether that person is the driver or a passenger. Insights include trip information on a map that shows duration and route, reporting on top speed, and instances of rapid acceleration, hard braking and cell phone usage.
- Extended Roadside Assistance: Help is just a tap away. Drivers can contact Life360 24 hours a day, seven days a week for roadside assistance if they get a flat tire, require a tow, need advice when in a minor accident, or other car issues.
The subscription also includes features from Life360, and:
- Unlimited Place Alerts: Subscribers can set up unlimited Place Alerts to get notified automatically when loved ones arrive or depart locations like school, work and home
- 30 Days of Location History: Thirty days of location history for everyone in the Family Circle is available to easily look back in time at the family’s comings and goings
- Same Day Email Support: Even the littlest question is a big concern to us. When you contact our support, we’ll give you priority service and respond within 24 hours
- Crime Hotspots & Alerts: Stay informed about local crime, including details about the incident (e.g. theft, burglary, vandalism), location, and resolution. You’ll also be able to see if registered sex offenders live in your neighborhood
Through the Driver Protect product, and specifically the Safe Drive Reviews, we hope to create a family of better, safer drivers. We recently conducted a survey of our users, and 82% of parents with teenagers said they worry about their teen’s safety when driving without a parent. With detailed information around phone usage, rapid acceleration and hard braking, families can have more focused conversations to review specific driving habits they can improve.