The family escape plan: Know what to do and where to go
Emergencies are a part of life, but you can stay a step ahead of them by creating escape plans that cover a range of possible scenarios. Then practice to help everyone remember their next move, even if they’re rattled by events.
Know the fastest way out.
- Consider escape ladders for upper story rooms and know the location of stairwells and fire escapes.
Know where to meet.
- Near the house: In case of a fire or similar situation.
- In the neighborhood: In case roads are unsafe or impassable.
- A distant safe haven: Large-scale emergencies may force you to leave town.
Know when to stay put.
- In severe storms, find a room away from windows.
- In case of earthquakes, find a door frame away from large, unsecured objects.
- If there’s a flood, get to the highest point in the building.
Know how Life360 can help in an emergency.
- Add emergency contacts’ addresses and phone numbers to your Life360 account to navigate directly to them with your map app by clicking your contact on the map and tapping ‘Get Directions'”.
- Use the Life360 check-in feature to notify your family members of your whereabouts.
- Upgrade to unlimited Place notifications to add meeting spots to your map and see when Circle members are nearby.
Proper prior planning can make all the difference in a crisis. The good news is, you’ve already taken the first step.