Official Sweepstakes Rules
Life360 Mother’s Day 2023 Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. Eligibility The Life360 Mother’s Day 2023 (“Giveaway”) is open only to:
- Legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia) only;
- Participants who have reached the age of majority in their country or territory of residence;
- Participants who fully and unconditionally agree to and comply with these Official Rules; and
- Participants who are not employees of Life360, other companies associated with the promotion of the Giveaway or any of their related companies or representatives (“Agents”), or the immediate family members or household members of an employee.
This Giveaway is subject to various national, state, territory, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited. Life360’s decisions are final in all matters related to the Giveaway.
The Giveaway is sponsored by Life360, Inc. (“Life360” or “Sponsor”). Life360, located at 1900 S. Norfolk St., Suite 310, San Mateo, CA 94403. Facebook, Instagram, Apple, Google, Twitter and Visa are not sponsoring, endorsing or associated with this Giveaway in any way.
3. Agreement to Official Rules
Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
4. Giveaway Period
The Giveaway begins on May 11, 2023 at 8:00am PT and ends on May 23, 2023 at 9am PT (the “Giveaway Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Giveaway Period will be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted online for the duration of the Giveaway.
5. How to Enter
Visit Instagram and follow these instructions to submit your entry:
During the Giveaway Period: (GIVEAWAY RULES – EX: (a) Like the post on Instagram; (b) Follow Life360 on Instagram; (c) Follow Tile on Instagram; (d) Tag a mom figure in the post comments. Entrants must like the post, follow Tile, follow Life360, and tag a mom figure in the comments to be eligible. Each tag is referred to as a “Submission” and together with any other content or information provided by Entrant in connection with the Giveaway.) Submit only content that (1) is not defamatory, obscene, offensive or indecent; (2) that is not confidential or proprietary; and (3) that does not violate or infringe any third party rights. By providing content, you grant Tile all licenses needed to enable Tile’s use of the content for any purpose. Life360’s Terms of Service (available at life360.com) applies.
Alternate Method of Entry: You may enter the Giveaway without posting on social media by mailing your name and email address with a legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage and a return address including first and last name, email address, street address, city, state and zip code to: Life360 Inc., ATTENTION: #MothersDay2023 Giveaway 1900 S. Norfolk St. Suite 310, San Mateo CA 94403. Mail-in requests, including both outer envelope and inner entry must be handwritten. The outer envelope must be postmarked no sooner than May 11th, 2023 and no later than May 23rd, 2023..
Limitation on Entries: Limit one (1) Entry per person, per email address or social media alias and/or username and per household for the duration of the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. If you attempt to obtain more than the permitted number of Entries by using multiple or different email addresses, identities or any other method, your Entries will be void. If you use any automated process or cheat to participate, such as a bot, Life360 will disqualify you from the Giveaway. Entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules will NOT be honored or acknowledged. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. Prize Drawing & Winner Notification
On or about May 23rd, 2023 at 1900 S. Norfolk St., Suite 310, San Mateo, CA 94403 USA, the Sponsor will select a winner by a random draw. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. All decisions regarding the selection of the potential winner(s) are final.
The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via direct message on or about May 23, 2023. If the potential winner does not respond within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, the prize is returned as undeliverable or a potential winner fails to sign and return any requested documents or information within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
If a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, the Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which Life360 may donate the prize to a charity of Life360’s choice.
7. To Claim a Prize
For those who enter the Giveaway online as outlined in Section 5, the potential winner(s) will be direct-messaged on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. For those who enter by mail, the potential winner(s) will be sent an email. The Prize winner will be required to complete, electronically sign and submit a Release and Declaration of Compliance within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the Declaration of Compliance within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Giveaway. Even upon notification, a participant is not yet a confirmed winner until after verification by Life360 and confirmation that participant has met all eligibility requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
There is one (1) prize. Your odds of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries. All approximate retail values (ARV) are expressed in US dollars. Prizes are not transferable, and no substitution for cash or other goods or services is permitted, except at the sole option of Life360 for a prize of equal or greater value. Life360 will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Life360 reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. PRIZE: (1) Life360 Gift Box which includes Tile Bluetooth Trackers, a Life360 Mom Sweatshirt, a MAMA cup, a MAMA candle, a set of stickers, a MAMA keychain, a luggage tag, and a baseball hat.
9. General Conditions
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Giveaway is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Giveaway and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability
By participating in the Giveaway, to the extent allowable under applicable law, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Giveaway, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties)” as well as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Apple, Google and Visa from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Giveaway, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Giveaway, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any Giveaway materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Giveaway or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor is not responsible if the Giveaway cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions as a result of acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, pandemic, or any other events beyond Sponsor’s control.
11. Privacy and Publicity.
You agree that any personal information collected as part of the Giveaway may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Giveaway and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. Such personal information may also be used by Sponsor in order to verify any entrant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number, and to otherwise verify any entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Giveaway. Entrants agree that Sponsor may send entrants various promotional materials, including but not limited to blogs, articles, specials, and informational e-mails regarding Sponsor’s business activities. You may access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal information held by Sponsor, and/or elect to have an individual’s name excluded from all lists used by Sponsor, by writing to Life360 #MothersDay2023 Giveaway, Life360, Inc., 1900 S. Norfolk St., Suite 310, San Mateo, CA 94403 USA, or e-mailing email@example.com.
· Organizing, running and monitoring the Giveaway and prize fulfillment, including, if you win a prize, publishing (i) your name on the Winner(s) List and (ii) your name and country of residence online or in any other media in connection with the Giveaway, as described in this Section 11 above; and
· Any additional processing activities to which you consent and/or acknowledge as applicable.
12. Governing Law; Disputes
This section applies to Giveaway entrants who are residents of the United States.
These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, excluding rules governing choice of laws.
All disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to the Giveaway, including the marketing and promotion of the Giveaway (“Disputes”), shall be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration in the United States under the laws of the State of California. The only Disputes not covered by this Section are claims (i) regarding the infringement, protection or validity of your, Life360’’s or Life360’s licensors’ trade secrets or copyright, trademark or patent rights; and (ii) those brought in small claims court.
- You and Life360 shall first attempt to resolve any Dispute informally for at least 30 days before initiating arbitration. The informal negotiations commence upon receipt of written notice from one person to the other (“Notice of Dispute”). The Notice of Dispute must: (a) include the full name and contact information of the complaining party; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Life360 will send its Notice of Dispute to the contact information in your Entry, or other address you provide for this purpose. You will send your Notice of Dispute to: Life360 Inc., 1900 S. Norfolk St. Suite 310, San Mateo, CA USA 94403, ATTENTION: Legal Department.
- If you and Life360 cannot resolve a Dispute informally, you or Life360 may elect to have the Dispute finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator shall make a decision in writing, and shall provide a statement of reasons if requested by either party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. You and Life360 may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
- YOU AND Life360 AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. The arbitrator shall not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and shall not preside over any type of representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim.
- If you live in the United States, arbitration will take place at any reasonable location convenient for you. For residents outside the United States, arbitration shall be initiated in the County of San Mateo, State of California, United States of America, and you and Life360 agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court, in order to compel arbitration, to stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
- If the arbitrator rules in your favor on the merits of any claim you bring against Life360 and issues you an award that is greater in monetary value than Life360’s last written settlement offer made before Life360 makes its final written submissions to the arbitrator, then Life360 will: pay you 150% of your arbitration award, up to $5,000 USD over and above your arbitration award, and reimburse the arbitration fees that you paid to the AAA.
13. Winner List
To request the name of the prize winner or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Brittany Lamp, Life360 Inc. 1900 S. Norfolk St., Suite 310, San Mateo, CA 94403, or (for Winner’s list only) send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner’s list” as the e-mail subject and sweepstakes name specified in the body of the e-mail.. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above).
14. Sponsor Address: 1900 S. Norfolk St., Suite 310, San Mateo, CA 94403